Thursday, May 8, 2008

No Freakin Way

As I was catching up on one of my favorite blogs, Design Sponge, I came across this post


And I was like....NO FREAKIN WAY!!! 
Because I did almost the same design for the screenprinting project for Intro to Graphic Design class last year. 


I still carry that bag around all the time...it just looks grungier and paint stained now. And I still have that yellow tank top, that I sometimes wear. But still. The same exact scattered yellow sprouts. WHOA. 

What also threw me off too was that one of the designers from missprint (the company that was blogged about) has the same first name as me - Yvonne. Which also caught my eye as I skimmed through the blog, because as everyone probably experiences as well, if you see your name in a block of text it just jumps out at you. 

What a weird weird world. 

I'm not accusing them of ripping me off or anything. I know there's no way they copied my design...considering that first off, don't know who came first (though I did make this over a year ago), second off this design company is based in London...and also its not the exact same design, there ARE differences obviously. But yeah. 

It's just such a mindblowing coincidence. 

1 comment:

imptwitch said...

wierd!
I THOUGHT it looked familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it..

eek.. we must becareful.