Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Found Glory - poster


Oh man, just occurred to me that this is soon.

Made this poster a few weeks ago for Experimental Type class (taught by the Bruce and Nolan of PostTypography). We had an actual client (monozine.com), who is the promoter for all sorts of shows at Sonar and Ottobar, and everyone got assigned a band/show to make a poster for. In turn, we get a free ticket to see the show we designed for, and we've been encouraged to meet the bands and give prints of the poster as gifts.

I suppose I shall go. At least it's on a Friday night. However, I REALLY want to go see Of Montreal (which Chen got to design the poster for), at Sonar this Tuesday night. But it's a freakin Tuesday night, right in the middle of the most hectic part of my week. And I haven't bought a ticket for it yet (because I can't decide if I'm really gonna go). Oh dear...

Which reminds me, if they actually used the student designed posters, where would it be? I haven't see any of the posters my class designed, but then again, I don't hang out at bars and music venues on a regular basis.

No comments: