Saturday, May 16, 2009

Performance animation

I know I may have shared this already with most of you, but for the sake of formality of posting stuff onto this blog, I present to you my animation final:

The teacher asked us to try a performance installation animation, much in the spirit of artists Kathy Rose or Tabaimo, for a change from the usual animated shorts we've been making. So I decided to use a door on the wall, and play around with what kind of craziness can come out of it.

And of course, please excuse my awkward, flustery acting. Never done a performance piece before (actually, never acted in front of a crowd before), so naturally it was slightly nerve wrecking. Haha.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Lucky Number 7

This is a graphic design project from earlier this semester. We had to design a calendar - the guidelines were pretty open, we could do pretty much anything we wanted. I decided to base mine on the concept of 7 - you know, 7 days of the week, it totally fits. Researched a bunch about what in the world comes in sevens, and found out most of them were either based on spiritual themes or worldly geographical themes.

I got some good comments on the color schemes - I tried to make the colors of each month/week relevant to the theme of the month. Though, a little secret: got a lot of help in figuring out the colors from Adobe Kuler. It's a fantastic color resource.

There's even an explanation bit underneath all the weekly pages. Just in case you don't know the 7 deadly sins, or the 7 wonders of the world, etc.

If I had the resources, I would pick a fancier coil instead of a standard white plastic one, perhaps a shiny wire one. But it's okay, I'm still glad I got it bound all nice and neatly.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Colors and patterns

Just FYI, be prepared for a project dump over the next few days. I promise I'll try to keep it one project per daily post.

This here is my Graphic Design 4 final project. The aim was to explore color schemes and patterns from natural sources and compiling it all into a color guide of sorts.

Mine is a sky theme, in the format of a log documenting the atmosphere and mood of the moment in a sort of metaphoric way. Click the link below (or the swatch above) and enjoy:

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Experimental Type epic final

My final project for Experimental Type class! The project is to design an alphabet, and you can do a whole range of implementations - and as you can see, I decided to go more illustrative, inspired by fashion illustrations of fancy hairstyles. This was also my first time working with inking with a tiny brush. I'm quite pleased with this project, it was definitely fun to do. The actual printed poster size is 20x30 inches, giving it a nice grand scale on the wall.